Talking to an inspirational coach in my Inner Circle recently, she described her biggest challenge as “shiny squirrel syndrome”.
That’s when you allow yourself to be sidetracked, diverted and confused by spending your time on lots of different things.
Here’s the power you’re giving away when that happens:
- You’ll get overwhelmed and exhausted
- You’ll miss out on the chance to become an authority with your core skill
- Your ideal clients won’t recognise you in all the fog you’ve created
- You’ll dilute your earnings by dabbling in diverse pools
- You’ll do NO things as well as if you focused on ONE thing
There’s nothing shiny about that squirrel.
He’s a dark, evil, bushy-tailed monster.