Some hard things:
- Working out what exactly you DO
- Defining your ideal client
- Building a programme to serve them
- Finding enough people to talk to
It makes no sense to do all that work in attracting and engaging your ideal client, only to have them say “NO” right at the end.
That’s why the template for your sales call [aargh! we hate “selling”, right?] is one of the most important tools in your box.
Here’s a short checklist to make sure you leap that final hurdle and land on your feet:
- Don’t waffle – this call’s for business
- Check you’re talking to the decision-maker
- Walk them through what they’ll be getting, line-by-line
- Ask, “taking money off the table, can you see yourself getting started on this right away?”
- Reveal the price, and offer simple payment options if needed
- Stay on the call as payment is made. Stripe is great, PayPal still ok.
Don’t forget, “losing” a sale means you earn no money, and the client stays exactly where she is, or may even engage with another “expert” who’s not as talented as you.
And that’s no good for either of you, is it?
PS – Students on my Client Attraction Blueprint programme get a FREE copy of my template for The Perfect Sales Call, as well as pretty much everything else you need to create a thriving practice. 2 places left for October. Check it out here.