I read a great piece on the Entrepreneur website recently talking about why some of the best talents undervalue themselves.
This manifests in them asking for too low a salary or charging fees a fraction of what they could.
The reasons for this strange behaviour are many, and include:
- Not realising how much they know, and how valuable it is to the rest of us
- Comparing themselves to others, whilst ignoring their completely different talents and journeys
- Ignoring positive feedback and focusing only on the naysayers
- Believing they’ve got to prove themselves further before charging or earning top dollar
- Nervous about “blowing the deal” by pricing themselves out of the market
If you’re reading this, I know you’re talented, ambitious, grounded and worth every penny.
Don’t let the evil monkey tell you otherwise.
PS – LAST PLACE open on the CAB for November – your LAST CHANCE to hit the ground running over with clients in 2020.