If you’re reading this, you did. Open it.
Many people don’t open your emails, of course, and fewer still act on them.
Here are 5 ways you can make emails more effective:
- HEADLINE – Make the subject Useful, Urgent, Unique and Ultra-specific. What Copy-Blogger calls the 4 U Rules.
- SPLIT-TEST – Send two versions with varied content, headlines, and timing to see which gets a better response.
- CONVERSATION – too many emails are dry, corporate and overly promotional. Write like you’re talking to a friend at the mythical water-cooler.
- CALL TO ACTION – If you want a direct result, ask a direct question. What should the reader do after they read your email?
- GET MORE READERS – Promote your email subscription whenever you can in social media. New sign-ups are the lifeblood of your business.
What are your favourite email tips?