As author James Clear says,
“Every action you take is a vote for the type of person you wish to become.”
And that’s such a simple way to think about whether you are being useful, or just keeping busy.
Think of the person you’d like to be in 5 years’ time, and ask:
- Am I reacting like they would to this event?
- If I do it this way, will I ever become like them?
- If not this, what would they be doing right now?
- Does doing this make me feel like I am that person already?
- What needs to happen for me to become that person by that time?
It’s your duty to support a viable candidate.
Don’t waste your vote.
PS – Thanks for your submissions for future DBTs. We’ve had over 40 great pieces, and we’ll be selecting the best in the next couple of days. Watch this space!