I read a quote this week that really stopped me in my tracks:
“Hell would be the day I discovered the man I could have become.”
It got me thinking about some of the less-than-finest hours I’ve lived through:
- Relationships I’ve blown through inattention
- Opportunities I missed, asleep at the wheel
- Bad decisions where my ego got in the way
- Refusing to learn from those smarter than me
- Long periods of bone idleness and inactivity
And yes, I often wonder about what might have been if this, that and the other.
But the trouble with the quote above is that it might invoke Hell in two different ways:
One if you convince yourself you could have achieved so much more.
And other, when you realise you couldn’t.
Maybe a better idea is to not ponder the past too much at all.
PS – My mighty new eBook called 17 Questions To Get You Sales Without Selling is almost ready. Want one? Reply with “17” for the full lowdown.