My friend and copywriter Brian Halpin compiled a list of why your clients didn’t buy from you yet:
1. You never asked
2. You never showed them how to buy
3. They don’t want what you have
4. They bought from your competitor
5. They don’t feel you understand them
6. They don’t know, like or trust you
7. They don’t believe in you enough
8. They don’t believe in themselves
I’d add another one, which is actually the least important or likely, but the one you might believe to be the MOST real:
9. You’re too expensive.
That’s almost never the case. If it was, nobody would buy a Mercedes, an iPhone or a business-class plane ticket.
Once you’ve ticked off Brian’s 8, Jonny’s number 9 is irrelevant.
Let’s get on with it!