Recently in JHM I asked you to name whichever comes easier to you, sales or marketing.
One enlightened member hit the nail on the head when she said:
“They are both the same”
And here’s the truth:
When you show up every day, in every way, you are selling something.
- Selling what you stand for
- Selling what you stand against
- Selling your authority as an expert
- Selling your ability to entertain and enthral
- Selling the idea somebody should invest with you
Yes, in the words you speak & write, you are always selling.
Calling any of it “marketing” might just be a comfortable way for you to hide from the true purpose of your business.
Before you post next, ask this:
“What am I selling here, and what do I expect them to buy?”
If the answer to either is “nothing”, maybe don’t bother.
Love you lots