Last week on the 3-Day Sales Sprint, we talked about identifying your ideal client, and hanging out where they hang out online.
These days, that probably means in a Facebook Group, on LinkedIn or by encouraging them onto your own email or bot Messenger list.
Giving value underpins the art of starting a conversation, but there’s more than one way to do that:
- If you spot someone asking for assistance, offer your support in a comment
- When they post something smart, compliment them and show how you feel the same way
- If they make an offer you like, tell them it’s looking good and wish them luck with it
- Post a simple question that’s easy for them to answer and engage with
- Tag some people you think would like to read a particular post
All those approaches are designed to open the door for an personal conversation where you can invite them on to a video call with you.
And that’s where the magic really happens.