Remember we asked you yesterday morning:
“Client says yes. Do you take payment or send an invoice?”
Well, here’s my angle:
There’s no better time to get paid than on the call when the client’s just said “hell yes”.
This is best practice NOT because:
- You’re worried in case they change their mind
- You need the money in your bank asap
- You haven’t “closed” the sale until you’ve got paid
It IS best practice because:
- It saves time for THEM and YOU
- It gets the money conversation out of the way
- You can now focus solely on delivering your glorious service
It’s hard to make a case for adding another step (or multiple steps) into the enrolment process, when you don’t really have to.
Chasing invoices, mailing out bank details, fingers-crossed waiting for them to pay – none of that is productive use of your time.
It also elongates the part of your relationship that’s defined solely by thoughts of your charges.
1: Get agreement
2: Get paid
3: Move on to the important stuff
Love you lots
PS: Did you register for the Copywriting Masterclass on Friday? There’s still time (just) to type “Mitch” in reply and get the entry link.