Author Mark Bowness writes about a terrible misunderstanding that makes you feel like you got wacked by a prize-fighter.
It’s driven by an overexposure to other people’s success stories, creating feelings of inadequacy and resentment.
- They published a new book
- They won a big new client
- They shared a stage with someone famous
- They got mentioned by someone famous
- They bought a shiny new car
Of course, nobody lives in a bed of roses.
Just because they don’t detail every struggle, every late night and every failure with the world, doesn’t mean they’re not hurting just like you.
And you don’t know where they started from, or even what they’ve been through already.
So don’t envy them.
Remember this instead:
Don’t compare your everyday life to someone else’s highlight reel