Author James Clear struck a chord with me when he asked:
“Am I doing this for Present Me, or Future Me?”
And that’s a great question to run against everything you do.
For Present Me:
- Just one more binge-episode to watch, then season’s done
- Ooh…what a nice link to this other website from that website
- Let’s search for the best price for this shiny gadget I don’t really need
- I’m going to coach this person for free because she’s struggling and I can help
- I’ll just stay in bed today as I have no client appointments booked and it’s warm in here
For Future Me:
- I’ll practice my copywriting by posting three times a day on Facebook
- Just one more module, then this programme’s ready to launch
- Let’s launch it anyway, and see who buys it before it’s ready!
- I’ve invited 25 ideal future clients to join my network today
- I respect my work so much that I’ll never work for free
PS – What have you done this week, and which ME were you serving when you did it?