Developing the ability to forgive those who have done you wrong is a key life skill.
And I hope that includes me if (when!) I foul up.
But it’s not just forgiving others that’s important.
Even more critical is being able to forgive YOURSELF.
- For that failed relationship
- For that parlous business deal
- For that lost sale
- For that angry outburst
- For that broken promise
- For that lapsed good habit
- For that continued bad habit
- For that insensitive conversation
- For that wasted time
- For that bad investment
Forgive yourself, but please don’t forget the lesson it taught you.
The real joy in letting yourself off the hook comes from not having to do it more than once.