I did one of my regular updates on my so-far-so-good Avast Anti-Virus software today, and got to thinking:
The computer’s like a brain, right?
A big flaky, vulnerable brain, that we look after like a baby. Heck, I even dust out my cooling fans every few months.
I’m sure you’re the same, at least a bit.
So why the hell don’t we look after our ACTUAL brains that well?
When was the last time you did any essential brain-maintenance, like:
- Staying away from rolling news
- Stopping comparing yourself to others
- Clearing out the junk in your life and business
- Deliberately refreshing your mind, habits and results
- Super-hydrating to replenish and cool your overheated brain-cells
- Feeding it with actual brain-food instead of deadly sugars and other toxins
- Spending enough time in sleep mode to stop your head spinning for a while?
Also, much though we look after our computers, we get to replace them every-so-often, and we can never do that with our brains.
Next time you run a virus scan on your device, do one on your head.
It’s indescribably more valuable.
PS – A nod to Bryan Teare for the inspiration for this post.