Old-style coaching or therapy business:
- Charge by the hour
- Fill as many hours as you can with paying clients
- Struggle to fit in “marketing” and client delivery in an average week
- Suffer roller-coaster revenue flow
- Run out of time before you run out of ambition
New-style coaching or therapy business:
- Decide who you want to work with
- Offer a programme to solve their biggest problem
- Launch it regularly with a specific (low) number of joiners
- Fill your days with conversations with people who look like your ideal clients
- Create a scalable and sustainable practice, thriving and earning exactly what you want
The main difference between those two approaches?
Old-style means spending 80% of your time on delivery, and the rest on random marketing efforts.
New-style means spending 80% of your time (at least) in conversations with people, and the rest on structured delivery.
Example from JHM in 2021:
- 6 hours a week coaching
- 30-ish hours posting content and having conversations
- Multiple 6-figure revenue
If you’re too busy working with clients to make any real money, try flipping things around a bit.
Love you lots
PS: If you haven’t registered for the Three Day Sales Sprint they’re calling Jonny’s September Sales Sprint To Earn You An Extra Three K By The End Of The Year, then you need to, right now! Register here and earn an extra 3k by the end of the year!