Actually I didn’t. No, really, I didn’t.
But, do you think anyone else might have?
The idea of someone hacking into your stuff is too horrendous to contemplate.
Yet, I wonder how hard YOUR passwords would be to guess.
Here are some password open-goals you might still be using:
- Password – please tell me you’re not using that, or P455word or P@ssw0rd. It’s not big, and it’s not clever.
- QWERTY or ASDFGH – hackers will love you!
- 123456 or 098765 – they’ve got your number, and it won’t end well
- YourName1 or BusinessName1 – come on, you can do better than that
- Date of birth – yeah, like they can’t find that!
- Common words – hackers have a list, and it’s bigger than yours.
If you’re even slightly guessable, start again, and make a crazy one. Actually, several different crazy ones.
Then, store them in a password depository like Dashlane.
To give you an idea, here’s the password to my website dashboard:
Actually, it was, but I just changed it.
Can you guess the new one?
No, I thought not.