As you know, I write something every day – you’re reading it now!
This makes it (relatively) easy for me to curate content into a book like the Jonny Hates Marketing paperback 2 years ago this week.
My book crept up on me when I realised I’d written over 200 Daily Brain Tattoos, and I only needed half that number to fill my first edition.
But what if you don’t write a deliberate “blog” every day, or even at all?
Here are some other, easy-ish ways to generate enough words to fill a book:
- After every client session, write 5 paragraphs on who said what, and what great result happened
- Copy and paste all your social media posts into one doc called “book content”
- Use the text from your website to headline chapters and generate ideas
- When you record a live video, transcribe it, or get someone else to do it
- Use a tool like Evernote and always write down ideas at the point when they pop out
After a few months doing that stuff, you’ll probably have an accidental book ready to roll.