I was talking to a coach recently, who told me she had to “get her ducks in a row” before she could start coaching.
That’s a wonderfully silly idiom at the best of times, but reading between the feathers reveals something altogether more sinister:
An excuse for inaction.
I’ve heard the flappy waterfowls getting in the way of all kinds of great ideas:
- Not getting a coach ’till you’ve earned some money – work THAT one out!
- Not speaking to a potential client before your website is finished (HINT: It’s never finished)
- Putting off doing live videos till your new webcam arrives – err…you have a phone?
- Not launching your programme as you haven’t got your qualifications yet
- Waiting for someone’s permission to use a brand name similar to theirs (That’s a REAL one from this week!)
In summary then.
There are no ducks. You’re imagining them.
And if there were ducks, how the hell would you get them all in a row anyway?
PS – In case you missed it, this week’s #MoneyWeek in the JHM FB Group. Catch up on the Day 2 challenge here, all about unlocking your own personal goldmine.