Here’s a great guide from Eric Barker on how to make the most of your holiday, or vacation if you prefer!
- Anticipate: Book early so the build-up lasts as long as possible
- Optimise: Mid-length holidays from 3-6 days give the most happiness
- Schedule: Fill the time with fun and activity
- Enjoy: Savour each moment away. Don’t wish for it to be over, and stay away from phones
- Peak: Try and end on a high-note, as that’s what sticks in the memory
- Reminisce: Revisiting the holiday with the person(s) you shared it with will make you happy
Isn’t it great that there is even a right and wrong way to vacation?