If you want to see yourself as others see you – and why wouldn’t you? – you have the greatest self-appraisal tool ever right there in your pocket.
Here’s a challenge for the next seven days:
- Hold your phone at arm’s length, fire up the front-facing video camera, and start talking
- Do 30 seconds, then stop and playback. Review and repeat 3 times
- Learn to speak with power and clarity. When people listen to you, they decide who you are, what you stand for, and whether they like you
- Check if you’re smiling. You’ll entrance 6.7 times* as many people compared with wearing a glum or serious face
- Do a video-selfie session like this every day for a week, and you’ll be much better able to engage people next time you hold a real conversation.
*Actual results may vary but will be greater than 1.
PS – Post your favourite video-selfie on social media, and send us a link. I’ll promote it in the Jonny Hates Marketing Facebook Group to nearly 4,000 of your peers.