Have you ever left a meeting wondering what the hell you were doing there, or even why the meeting happened?
Every successful meeting needs three elements.
1. An agenda stating:
- Why it’s been called
- What are the desired outcomes, and
- What’s going to be discussed
- How long it’ll take
2. A defined style. It’s for one or more of:
- Sharing information (Hint – can this be done by email/online?)
- Creative discussion
3. Attendee roles. You need these, which can be shared by the same person:
- Chair – oversees the agenda
- Closer – sums up and assigns action points
Don’t get caught in a result-free meeting. It’s a criminal waste of life.
Author: Jonny | www.thesuccessparty.com