Random Acts of Kindness, otherwise known as “spreading magic” are one of the easiest ways you can make yourself and others feel good.
Here are some obvious ones:
- Holding open a door for the next person
- Telling someone when they’ve dropped some money
- Letting someone order before you at a bar
Lightweight, and with positive but limited impact.
How about if we go heavyweight?
- Mailing a book to a client because you think they’ll enjoy it
- Settling the bill for the diners on the next table
- Writing to a friend to tell them how much your friendship means to you
- Refunding a client who you know’s been struggling to pay you
That last one always provokes debate.