I was reading about some mad stuff James Clear’s readers tell him they do, to discourage bad habits:
- KILLING THE SNOOZE BUTTON: She hung a QR code in the bathroom and made it the only way to turn off her phone alarm
- STOPPING EVENING BOOZING: Brushing teeth at 8pm to discourage “dirtying” them with wine afterwards
- CUTTING DOWN SMOKING: Leaving cigarettes in the cold car on the street (Better just to stop, but hey!)
If creating friction curtails BAD habits, how can you reduce friction to encourage GOOD ones?
- SUPER-HYDRATING: Have a water-jug on your desk
- REGULAR WRITING: Tell the world you’re going to publish something every day
- GETTING YOUR NEW PROGRAMME FINISHED: Sell places on it before it’s ready!
What do you to reduce friction and get your good things done?