I got asked that today, by a well-meaning coach who has already got jingle-bells round her profile pic.
Look, I’m no Scrooge, and am actually quite looking forward to a few days less-than-full-on, but the “ready for Xmas” mindset also breeds a whole bunch of other troublesome thinking:
- “December’s a slow month for business.” Well, it sure is now.
- “Nobody wants to do anything before the New Year.” Not with you, they won’t.
- “I had a record September.” Yeah, that was quite a while back, wasn’t it?
- “It’s a great time to wind down and plan for next year.” Make sure you “plan” to do some business next November and December.
- “People are spending all their money on presents.” Funny, I’ve never met anyone who did that.
The seasons ebb and flow, I get that.
In fact, round about now is actually when people are most relaxed, happy, and ready to launch into their best year ever.
Don’t miss the Christmas rush!
PS – Xmas is coming early at JHM – only 2 more FREE 15-minute “Untangle-the-knot” coaching sessions with me still left. Click here and grab yours. My time, your topic.