Being a big fish in a small pond must feel kinda cool.
You know, that whole vibe:
- Being admired for your size and stature
- Getting respect and fear from the little fishes
- No worries about anyone picking an argument
- Knowing exactly where all your boundaries are
- You can outpace the other fishes with hardly any effort
On the other hand…
Imagine leaping across the small grassy divide into another, really big pond. Suddenly:
- You feel uncomfortable and intimidated to start with
- But, you see how much more room there is to grow
- There are HUGE, fast fishes who you can swim with
- It hits you how little you really knew back in that grubby lil’ puddle
- Soon your new pond feels normal, and you realise you’re twice the size you were before!
If you do ONE smart thing different in the next 12 months, pick a bigger pond.