Here’s how to wind me up, miff me, get a WTF from me, etc etc:
- Start a cold email with “I hope you are well”
- Forget to tell me what you want me to do next, having landed on your website
- Fool me into buying something that expires today, then keep selling it tomorrow
- Write a catchy headline that draws me into watching a tepid, rambling video
- Tell me you work with people “just like me” when you know nothing about me
- Insult my intelligence with nonsensical claims that my four year-old would laugh at
- Slash your price immediately when I won’t bite at your first offer
Actually, that last one made me mad just reading it back.
In short, just remember the First Rule of All Rules:
Don’t be a dick.
PS – And, you really don’t want to get my goat. He’s all mangy and butt-happy.