Generalisations are not the same as principles.
- You’ve got to post multiple times every day in social media
- It takes 7 interactions before a client will buy from you
- You always need to be closing
- It’ll be easier to get clients if you have more qualifications
- You should have a big email list
- Listening beats talking, every time
- Clients aren’t interested in what you do, only in what you can do for THEM
- If you try and appeal to everyone, you’ll appeal to no-one
- There’s never a client-shaped hole in your business
- You’ve already got everything you need inside of you
Generalisations aren’t always true.
Principles ALWAYS are.
PS: Apologies if you suffered any weird emails from me yesterday. We’re dumping our email platform for another one and it seemed like it got all butt-hurt and flung out some unwanted messages as an angry farewell. Even tech has feelings, it seems.