JHM member Jessica Fleischer – AKA The Kickboxing Queen – has written today’s sparkling DBT.
Do you want to become a business black-belt?
Mostly, you need to stick at it.
Fewer than half of all start ups make their 5th year.
But, that’s way better than blackbelt odds – 1 in 1,000 get their 1st Dan and a minuscule 1 in 10,000 get their 2nd Dan!
So, here’s what I’ve learned by achieving blackbelt (2nd Dan), and from making a business around my kick-boxing.
- It takes time and dedication. And it’s tough. If success were easy, everyone would be successful!
- It takes small and consistent changes, repeated over time. Individual grand gestures alone will not be enough.
- You must keep working on your strengths but also improve your weaknesses too.
- Pay someone else to do stuff you don’t need to. Unfortunately, I couldn’t outsource jumping spinning kicks, but I will outsource graphic design!
- Build your team, who’ll support you when things get tough. Then they’ll celebrate your successes with you too!
- Having a coach is essential. You do not know best. Listen to them and learn from them. It also creates a bond like no other.
I made British Champion, twice.
You can reach the top in your profession too.